Psilocybin is a naturally occurring psychedelic substance that can be found in a variety of different mushrooms, commonly referred to as “magic mushrooms.” Psilocybin is known to possess a spectrum of psychoactive properties, and has remained a part of medicinal and shamanistic culture around the world for thousands of years.
Psilocybin is a classic psychedelic, and thus activates a number of regions in the brain when it enters the human body. Psilocybin is able to activate a number of specific serotonin receptors that are called 5-HT2a receptors. The activation of these receptors is what induces the psychedelic effects of psilocybin.
Psilocybin Microdosing Benefits
Individuals performing microdosing frequently report positive mental and cognitive states that include:
- Minimized depression
- Lower general or social anxiety levels
- Minimized impact of ADHD or ADD
- Elimination of PTSD symptoms
- The elimination of addiction and addictive behaviours
- Increased creativity
- Increased productivity
- Flow states of extended focus
- Increased athletic coordination
- Higher motivation levels
- Improved interpersonal relationships and emotional empathy
- Improved leadership skills